Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Do Ads Make Your Blog Legit?


Everybody hates ads, except marketers. 

But when I go to a website and I see ads I go through a gambit of emotions. 

The, ugh ads phase

The oh! Shiny! phase. 

On to, hmmmm, I might...*click* phase.


Because deep down, if a blog has ads, it's probably worth having a peek--at the blog that is. 

Ads seem to give a website more credibility underneath the first reaction of "STOP SELLING ME STUFF!" -- oh, wait, that's just another blog topic. 

Don't get me wrong, I love blogs with no ads. Serenely show me your bio and the topic--I'm happy! 

But ads do two things. 

1) Gives the website credibility.  
Providing that the ads take up less than 20% of the page.

2) Distract me from the topic. 
I'm a clicker and I'll click right off your blog out of curiosity or need. 
 
So...one half of me doesn't mind ads while the other half looks for the fast forward button. 

Here's the Question:

Should you have ads on your blog? 

Well, I'd say if it's you're product or Google Ad Sense is working for you--absolutely! 

But if your a happy-go-lucky blog that meanders from topic to topic (no we don't know any blogs like that!) then maybe not so much with the ads. 

And Now, One long winded AD:

Speaking of ads...I'll just skip the flashy lights and say my first Shorts-off micro story is on Amazon! 

But, those who sign up for my monthly "Love Letters" email will get the next installment But For You, Yes for free in your email! 

Shorts-off #2 - But For You, Yes is to be given freely to anyone who likes Romantica short stories. 

Go HERE to sign up! 

I won't distract you often, and our conversations of "Love Letters" is private so I won't be sharing your name or email with anyone. 

Those that have signed up, be prepared for a wonderful story about Andre's troubles about telling his girl how he REALLY likes it! Find out in "But For You, Yes". 

Okay, totally cheesy. Did it work? *click*

No comments: