Monday, January 21, 2013

Fergy Was...

...Talented. She could do all the moves important to dressage up to 4th level. Only her injuries hindered her from going further.

...Loved by the best human mom a horse could wish for. Mom really helped her in every way to make her comfortable and healthy.

...Great at her job. Which was to take care of mom while riding. Fergy didn't allow others near Carol while she was around and took that responsibility of protecting mom from everyone around her seriously.

...a Babe In Total Control of Herself.

...Defensive about her room. You'd pull back a bloody stump if she didn't want you near her stall. But when it was time to come out, she was ready and willing.

...wonderful to ride. Fergy loved dressage. She loved the arena. She loved showing. Most of all, I think she really loved trailer rides.

The first time I met Fergy she ripped the baseball cap off my head. She made me smile. When I went to get her to bring her to Majestic Equestrians she dragged me to the trailer and jumped inside. No coaxing necessary.

When she retired due to injury, mom decided a life of leisure in a quiet place 5 minutes away from home was best. I got use to walking Fergy every morning. Our jaunts through Chatsworth Park and down Chatsworth Street were too few for my liking.

Fergy 1984 - 2013

No comments: