Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Book Opinion: Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner)


Themed Christmas stories as told by werewolves!  How can you get any better!?  Along with some of my favorite authors (okay I bought it because of the authors) but the title is a hoot and I loved it from there.

Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn, Simon R. Green, and Charlaine Harris captured me in this book.  There were more authors to mention and brought worthy stories to my eager eyes and I loved most the stories (some didn't grab me, but I was exposed to the writers works and that's a good thing because they probably got other readers involved in their writing). 

Some stories were light hearted, some funny and others a little sad but all brought my mood up during the holidays.  I enjoy sampling other writers works and the shorts were a wonderful break from reading an entire novel sized story.

Knowing that werewolves and vampires have a heck of a time during the holidays is actually a comfort for me and shows they're people too.  But what I've learned is that a compilation of short stories are entertainment to be reckoned with!  I've forgotten how much fun it is to read short stories.

So if you're around the book store and need an uplifting boost, try Wolfsbane and Mistletoe ~ even if it's no longer Christmas they are great stories to be read!

No comments: