Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Have You Ever Considered Making Your Book A Comic?

When I first started writing "TRIAD"/"TERCI UNITER" I had manga in mind.  I like the way manga is presented, but I like the layout and design of comics.  I see my characters in my mind and I've tried to draw them but while I'm a writer and a doodler, I'm not an pen and ink artist.  I think Elf Quest, Mercy Series ~ I draw Ren and Stimpy. 

When I mention to my oil painting artist friend that my wish was to see my book in comics, she widened her eyes and made me a deal I could not refuse!  Horse lessons for pages.  H-O-L-I-E crap!  Never had I thought she'd want to do something like that!  It's a major under taking and luckily she's just as in love with the story as I am and I'm thrilled.  She even loved the first draft of TRIAD (and that draft only a mother could love). 

So, my joy and resound excitement reaches beyond the hurdle of learning this new undertaking.  There are sure to be links and more info under the tag: adventures to this road.  But the best thing is, I'm traveling that road with one of my best friends.  ~ Have manga, will travel. ~

No comments: