Thursday, February 16, 2012

Inside Every Man Is A Giraffe

When I meet a guy and he asks me to a social event or to see me later I start the hymn-and-haw of I have a boyfriend and "I really can't because..." (you know the drill).  But do guys really just have sex on the brain or do they want to be friends with women?  Certainly if I were to accept an invitation on the basis that my boyfriend could come that would be indication enough for me, but when a guy dismisses the boyfriend that's the biggest indicator of young, dumb and full of cum.  I want to meet interesting people--not just men.  I refuse to believe that men are just walking penises ready to rip off their clothes at any moment (not like teenagers anyway).  I've met several men who are past that phase and are looking for real meaning in their lives with friends and true connection.  It's an interesting journey for me to turn 180 degrees from believing men have no feelings at all to knowing they have difficulty expressing themselves--or rather men express themselves more through action rather than vocally like women do. 
 
I've chosen to see men like giraffe's for that reason.  Giraffe's are shy, quiet, stoic, reserved and get offended if you touch them first.  Not that they don't want to be touched but rather they want it on their terms.  I have stood in the presence of a giraffe allowing the tall creature to inspect me without making a move, honored that he'd choose me to search.  Giraffe's see us a peculiarity like a beetle or something that squirms.  Men, like Giraffe's, know intuitively your intentions.  They may not know it consciously, but they know.  Whether they listen to their intuition over their own background noise is the difference between a man and a boy. 
 
I compare men to giraffe's to iterate the thought process women have towards men.  Giraffe's are not horses, still people think how they can ride a giraffe like one.  Giraffe's are shy and reserve, yet people try to put their hands all over them--scaring them and making them back away.  Giraffe's aren't vocal but people don't take the time to try and understand the language giraffe's do speak.  Deep feeling radiate out of their soft eyes, yet people take their own shields for granted not understanding that giraffe's don't have the same protection against emotions as they do. 
 
Men are not the only problem solvers.  Women have the gift of analysis, but I think they need to know when to use it.  Trying to figure out what he meant by what he said isn't always the right application.  Look at his actions and determine if they match his words.  Put more weight on what he does than the words coming out of his mouth.  Pretend he's a giraffe and see how that can help explain his actions.

No comments: