Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Internet Is Forever

There are a variety of ways to be creative on the internet.  I love them all!  Link away to the new medium you've found and show me the way to dash color onto the web pages of the soul of humanity!  

That is what the Internet is--a record of humanity.  The amazing thing about the internet is that it has been programmed for self preservation.  When a route is blocked, it finds a way out.  As long as their are servers, the internet will find a way.  And, it does it automatically.  It's already gained it's own primitave survival skills.  Now it's gaining social skills too.  The internet is really a bunch of servers talking to each other.  Think about Google...when you do a search servers clamor to be "heard" and say "I know! I know!"  When you click on their little web page they get the satisfaction of "talking" to you. 
 
Okay, so maybe my perception is way off and I'm humanizing a machine, but didn't people start off as machines guided by instincts?  

And if you don't believe the Internet is forever, then Google your full name.  When I did this I found four of me!  I've got a quadruplet life on the internet!  Apparently, I'm a photographer, a mom, and a writer with a horse.  I'm on goodreads and Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, spoke, and all four of me are good lookin'!  This duplicity got me thinking; if you combined the lives of all four of us, we'd make a pretty powerful internet identity.  

There's nothing we couldn't do! 

No comments: