Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Marketing Strategies Of A Not Yet Published Author

As a writer I'm always looking for new methods, expressions and ways of marketing.  I like to bring what I've learned to my peers.  

I've learned, when you find a method to your madness, stick to it!  

I'm not outgoing.  I don't have the gumption to go up to a crowd and hock.  What I do have are written words.  I can express myself on paper.  But marketing takes a savvy of prescribed instruction and self creativity.  

Marketing isn't going to work unless you buy into your own plan.  Yes, a murder-mystery dinner set against the theme of your book might be brilliant!  Unless you're not sold on the idea.  

Before you buy that next book on marketing, use yourself as a marketing tool and think about what things you'd like to do to promote your book.  Because marketing is in essence creative expression of an item or idea you're excited about. 

No comments: