Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Conquer The Fear Of Death


There are two ways for one to conquer the fear of death.  

* See the face of God. 


I promised Azrael a while back that when it was time, and I was dead, my soul by his side, I would not fight to return back to mortal status.  

Fighting an angel is just going to sadden said angel.  Acceptance is the only gift I can give Azrael because it would suck if you had to haul back souls while they were kicking and screaming.  Especially if you were bringing them to a better place.  

     





* Face the gates of Hell.  


Option #2 is all around difficult.  This is the reason I don't have a fear of death (Pain is another story).

My favorite line from my favorite band goes, "Burnt but not broken..."  

Going into your mind to deal with your own crazy is the hell I speak of.  There is no real hell outside your mind.  No one really willingly goes there.   

It might sound backwards, but standing at the gates of hell, facing your hearts deepest fear to win is pain that frees you.  If you come out from that you are stronger.  If you recover, which is much different from coming out of it, then either everything is a fear tactic, or you have no limits.  

I would rather have seen the face of God.  But walking through the fire that purifies was worth it.   

 

No comments: