Thursday, February 28, 2013

Insight Into The Workplace Insanity


1935, Social Security was implemented. What some call The Great Depression, I view as nature working it's way into industry.  

People want security and I don't blame them. But my security has always been in my ability. People of ability are always wanted. I am selfish because I refuse to give all my ability away for free. I say ALL because I do give away some of my ability to further a good cause. 

But what does Social Security and ability have in common with workplace insanity? Well, the type of insanity I'm talking about is "Dilbert" insanity. 

You know the "Dilbert" insanity. You've probably seen it. You know the guy at your company that really works hard~the one that cares~he's the one that got fired. 

I'm going to give you a different point of view on the topic of why the best abled people are fired. You'd think companies would want to keep the best people. I only see that mentality in small business. No, best abled people are the first to go because they are most likely to find work elsewhere. 

When they find work your company doesn't have to pay out social security.

 --waiting to let that sink in.--

So, if you feel like you've just gotten burned because you believed in the company and they've let you go without an obvious incident, then consider this: If the company is trying to unload expenses, then the most abled will find work elsewhere giving the company less to worry over in terms of payout.

Now don't panic and start being lazy...

Not all employers think this way. In fact I know most small business owners do not think this way. They still believe that the most efficient worker is the best. However, I've become witness to big companies or companies that just want to maintain status quo do this. Some companies see cutting the most able workers as staunching the bleeding. Not fair, but nature isn't either.

No comments: