Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mr. Penn Jillette--My New Role Model

Dear Mr. Jillette,

I saw, or rather heard, an interview with you and three women of hysterical ravings about "the gun issue". These women were so incredibly hysterical that I wanted to shut them the hell up. I was going to beg my boyfriend to change the channel until your rational, calm voice brought focus into my world. 

It was like a espresso shot of zen. In the face of such chaotic panic you remained stoic and unaffected by frantic musings of your hosts that typify "hysterical woman". 

My heart went out to you when you sympathetically explained that you had friends with Asperger syndrome and to please don't make fun or blame those people with that affliction for what one individual, with the same affliction, did. 

This note is a hug and a thank you for remaining collected in the face of irrational passion. 

I know those ladies were expressing their fear. They feel helpless and want someone to deal with the problem which is the reason for the high-pitched antics. But, fear and panic is not what the topic needed. 

I am forever your fan.

Sincerely, 

S.N.McKibben

No comments: