Friday, February 8, 2013

Sex As A Bad Thing

You're angry. I get it.
 

Breath. Because you will need every ounce of patience you possess to explain something to me.
 

Why is being viewed as something sexual demeaning?
 

Why is being wanted bad?

Here's is a scientific fact that Harvard researchers examined to a degree of infamy. 


Men think about sex. 

They think about sex with women, men and goats. Yes, that last one is gross (and a joke) and to those men that really want to have sex with live-stock I don't get it, but the men having sex with women part I can really dig!

There are many men who love women. What saddens me is that women treat men like incompetent women. They expect men to think as women, only men don't. 


This means women may get offended by what a man says. Have you ever heard the saying "If she likes you, you can do nothing wrong. If she doesn't, you can do nothing right." Yes, the right guy can say something to the effect of "I like your hair." and the woman is please because the guy she likes is paying attention to her. If the wrong guy says the same thing, even the same way, that guy is harassing her. He's a jerk.
 

This mentality makes me sad.
 

Women throw away their power constantly. Somewhere in the struggle of man and woman--women tossed their power aside. This power can bring a man to his knees. It has the power to "launch a thousand ships", it can tame, provoke, calm or destroy him. 

That power is sexuality. 

You know what I think? I think with great power comes great responsibility. I think women who shun their sexuality are terrified of their power. 

I can attest to you that I have waggled my finger at guys and they come running. I've had experiences were I've given a "sit" command to my dog and a complete stranger heeded my command. He thought I was talking to him. On his behalf, I was very serious, very angry and my voice was very no-nonsense you better do as I say right now (just at the dog-but hey, he thought it best to be safe.) 

Point being:

Men love woman and they want to please us. 

I love men. I love the way they try to make me laugh. I love the way they think. I love their easy ways. I love their compliments--even if they whistle at me from across the street. You know what I do when I get a cat call? I wave and say thank you. Because honestly those guys are desperate, and desperate guys are often the ones that stumble on their own words. They're the guys that come over when I waggle my finger and then can't string two thoughts together. 

What would happen if you actually had a witty come-back to a come-on? What if you felt powerful instead of intimidated in front of those guys that were trying to gain your attention and what if you took control of the conversation? 

Life is about the journey. That includes the trek you make from work to home, to the grocery, to school, whatever. When you walk your are on a journey. In that journey you have the opportunity to meet new people. Since it's about the journey and not point A to B, it seems like a waste to put your head down and expect everyone to ignore you. 

What power is within you that you're so terrified of?

No comments: