Monday, November 7, 2011

Balance Does Not Mean Equal

I came across a tid-bit of information I found interesting.  A doctor told me trace amounts of sionide in our bodies is necessary for our good health.  This made me realize that balance does not mean equal parts but rather amounts of things that come together to make the whole ideal.  

Ideal is another objective word.  Ideal is not perfect or even excellent but rather what one wants in a situation.  Ideal for one may not be ideal for another just like excellence but ideal is separate because it's a situation that does not require your all.  

I only stray from the original thought to make clear that ideal and balance both sometimes have misconceptions placed upon those poor little words.  So when I say one must have a ratio of balance between work, marketing, and training for a small business I dont mean split the time up in equal parts.  

As I discussed before markeitng, training, customer service and actual work is summed up in not parts of 25% each but rather larger and smaller chunks.  This is the balance I'm talking about.  Everyone's balance is different.  You might be able to balance a healthy diet of 55% vegetables and 45% candy.  So when you see the scales think of justice not balance because half and half won't even out if one scale has an elephant and the other a mouse. 

 

No comments: