Friday, January 27, 2012

You Write When?

When you write could be as important as where you write...

My gums woke me up at five a.m.  Tooth ache isn't pleasant but I realized there was a puffy feeling high in my gums.  It was three hours before I usually floss.  I must not have gotten all the corn kernal husks out.  It took ten minutes to realize I wasn't going to tongue it out and another five minutes to realize I'm out of floss.    

So I do what any compulsive ignorer would do.  I semipro. I actually did find dental tape; an old fashioned spool that was left over from WWII. The irritating spec out of my gums is gone but I can't go back to sleep.  This is where I think, why is it I try to write during the least prductive times of my day?  I write during the morning before I'm totally awake and when I do it's time to go to work.  I write during the evening after my brain is tryin to shut down for the day.  But this morning I was awake and I could tell the quality of my writing was better comparatively. 

My best moments are from the hours of 9am-2pm.  The days I can have those hours to write is on what I call a "non ride day".  Non ride days are where I can't ride the horses or go to the barn because of weather.  Because, 9-2 is the best time to ride.  

Do you notice a time of day when things are clear and easy?

No comments: