Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Build A Better Blog Day 7: Write A Link Post

Click HERE for Darren's Book!
Wait, wait, wait. Darren, didn't we already cover this? Ohhhh...it isn't about interlinking posts from your own blog. This is about linking to other blogs! Got it! 

What we're doing is out bound linking today. I do this all the time, where I see great information and I link to another article because it's cool! I like to give credit and when I find a blog or post worth while, I in turn link to it. Some might think you're driving traffic away from your site, but some bloggers become known for bringing awesome information to their site. 

Most of today's outbound linking is Facebook, twitter, Google + and others. There is sooo much more in Darren's book that helps you out so check it out!

Today's ACTION ITEM is:
Remember Task 4? Did you do it? If you did, this will be easier for you. Go to your competitor site and link to one of their posts that you are interested in. Now, give your own take on the subject explaining why you linked to the site or why someone should check it out. 

Now I had an idea about this and it's for Book Planning 101 my business blog. I've put up links for writer resources and you could do the same for your blog. But I have a feeling Darren will have a day to this in the near future. 


No comments: