Friday, May 10, 2013

Build A Better Blog Day 8: Choose A Social Media Space To Focus On

Darren says it best: "The days task is taking a logical, thoughtful approach to your blog's social media presence."

Here are my thoughts:

I use Facebook for friends, family and my author platform for reaching readers and connecting in a visceral way.

I use LinkedIn for my company and sometimes my author platform for connecting to contractors and peers. 

Twitter is my main promotion engine.

Google+ I'm still flailing about with. Perhaps 3 social media sites are enough. Perhaps I'll be able to do more in the future. 

I use 3 platforms but in different ways. 

You have to ask, where are your readers? Darren gives the usual BS about polls and asking your readers, but again--cricket blog gets no respect. If you're in the same boat as me here's your ACTION ITEM:

Check out 5 of your competitors blogs. See where they are reaching the most readers. See how much interaction they get on Facebook, twitter or whatever. See what they are posting, when and what kind of reaction they get. Then, choose based on your findings.
Darren says it WAY better in his book

GO TO TASK 7

No comments: