Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I love men!

You are funny, you shock me with your observations, you're willing to go along with my antics and I can tease you mercilessly without you taking it seriously.  But if I mistakenly jab you in the balls you'll give me that look--I know I've crossed the line.  I'll apologize and knock it off and that's the end of it.  No grudges. 

Your friends gag when I talk about you because they're jealous that all I have to say are the wonderful things you did or said.  You make my life easy and I'll stand witness to all your achievements.   

There is no fantasy guy out there or in my mind that I'm comparing you to.  I don't need you and I'm not disillusioned that you need me, but I want you and you want me and that's all we need.  

You understand your desire to possess me is frighting and I'll do everything in my power to carefully avoid strings of attachment.  That doesn't mean that I don't love you.  It means I'm here now, today.  Tomorrow isn't certain.  

That doesn't mean I won't be here tomorrow, it means I'm fierce about my independence and I can love without feeling possessive.  This may confuse you.  You'll feel lost or unloved at times but it's so far from the truth and my heart will ache if you believe those lies.   

The part of you, the side that you fight with all day long, you can drop the reins when you come home and go with it.  I'm not afraid of your beast.  You'll find strength from me and grow from it.  

You'll come to understand that if we grow apart and it's your time to leave, I won't cause a huge scene because of my lack of possessiveness.  I want the best for you and I'm not afraid of what the future brings for me with or without you. 

Or you'll grow with me an never want to leave.

No comments: