Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrate Freedom

I really don't know what to say other than thank you.  Thank you to those who fight for freedom.  Not just soldiers who physically, actually fight for the literal freedom, but others who still hold up the same value that they don't live for me and I don't live for them.

I don't want another to live for me.  I don't want another to pay my wage unearned.  I don't want to be taken care of by you.  There is only a certain amount one can govern me before I will kill or commit suicide.  I know this by first-hand account. 

Replace the word "help" with "control".  How many times have you heard, "I just want to help you."  When I hear that, I run.  Conversely, I don't want to live for another.  I don't want to pay your wage unearned.  I don't want to take care of you.  

When I say wage, you think green dollar bills, but a mother earns her wage and doesn't see money.  A nurse takes care of patients but she's earned her pay.  These two professions don't give or take anything, they earn it.  

Even my dog earns her living.  She's my personal trainer, encourager and reminder to get off my ass.  She can out run me, has more stamina than me, she keeps me moving.  She's my doorbell, pizza announcer, dishwasher and adoring fan.  She's only $100/monthly.  How much is your personal trainer?  Does he clean your dishes "redneck" style?

My cat is the exterminator.  Once a month she gets rid of at least one rat, squirrel, rodent and she's a great mop too.  Oh and that's her night job.  During the day she feeds and cleans five kittens.  She's only $50/month and doesn't ask me for anything but food and water. 

My boyfriend is "world" informer, sparring partner, hug-o-meter, lunch maker, social alibi and trust me, he's paid for.  Money doesn't buy him, but other things do.  

These things are earned.  When you start thinking I need to pay for your healthcare, that it's owed to you, are you willing to accept or trust the resentment your neighbor will have when you get cancer and he has to pay for it.  People might think they are better off if your dead.  

You might think that extreme but when you remove the value that I don't live for you and you don't live for me, what would you expect?  We are survival creatures and if you continue to make it more difficult to survive, then expect those survival instincts to come out swinging.  Men are not ants.  People were designed to think for themselves. When you take the brain away, expect an animal.  

To any left to think for themselves and those that stand up for it, Happy 4th of July.  

No comments: