Friday, September 16, 2011

What Is IT Worth?

Adult subject matter...read with caution

What is sex worth?  For some it could be worth a relationship.  For others it's not worth mentioning.  If a partner leaves because the sex isn't good, does that make them shallow?

Here's an interesting tidbit.  In Elizabethan times a woman could divorce a man if she could prove her husband was not longer interested in her sexually.  They way it was proved was she would strip in front of him and the judge (maybe a few other witnesses too) and if the husband had no woody--marriage annulled.

That attests to how sex in a relationship is important.  Yet everyone is different.  I know guys that aren't happy without sex twice a week.  I know guys that don't seem to care.  But sex is worth something.  I learned this from reading Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".  Some might think that a funny thing for me to take away from that book but I realized that the body does respond to an other persons worth, a perceived worth, or how that other person feels about their own worth.

I'm remembering in the "Neverending Story" the Southern Oracle and how the oracle could see "straight into your heart" and know if you felt your worth.  Each one of us has a southern oracle that tells us who believes they are worthy.  Do our own morals guide us to those we find sexually attractive?  I think they do.  I know I don't want to have sex with someone I don't respect.

If attraction is an estimation associated with how you value that person, who do find attractive?

No comments: