Friday, March 9, 2012

2 Very Important Things I've Learned From My GSD

1. When it's yours, fight to the death.
Grim, I know but hear me out.  Emma recently was in a dog fight.  She has taught me that she would fight to the death for something she feels is hers (like her "couch space" next to me). Put your eggs in one basket and guard it like hell.  There's nothing like pressure to make you succeed. 
 
2. Patience and persistence together gets you what you desire.
They say patience is a virtue.  Persistance is too.  Both together creates success!  If you only have one then the road will be rough.  Emma will sit at the table and wait for scraps.  She will never take her eyes off the "bone".  Emma is patient because she waits for us to be done with dinner but she's also persistant because she doesn't let us forget that she's waiting.  Same thing when a ball goes over a hillside.  The bank is steep but she knows that ball will park itself somewhere and while she will go barreling down hills to catch it she also uses patience and persistance to bring that ball out of the bushes.



All this together says I will not just write novels, I will put them out there to be read.  I will not stop I will not go away.  
What does it tell you?

No comments: