Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THE CLOUD Is Ready To Take Over!

By the time I notice new technology, it's not going away.  I'm not especially adept to finding the latest greatest gadget/software/process so when I notice things like Pinterest or "THE Cloud" it's time to realize that this stuff isn't going away.  

It will be like tar--getting on everything and sticking to me until osmosis converts the new technology to my daily life.  

Sometimes I feel like that momma mammoth statue at La Brea Tar Pits sinking in the pit of technology only to drown and kill me in the end.  But I'm safe from predetors, right? 
 
Well, Pinterest captured me and now I'm using THE CLOUD on Google play.  Doesn't that just sound odd--THE CLOUD!  

Sounds like it will evaporate into thin air but according to David Linthicum this cloud isn't going to rain on my parade.  The attraction of having anything on my computer being accessible on my phone or my work computer or my Kindle fire is too amazing.  

I can listen to audible on my fire while watching uploaded movies from my computer that I retreaved on my 4G my touch while at work writing this article to you and posting it to my blog which will show up two days later.  COOL! 
 
Oiy!  Despite the attention span problems this will evoke, I for one think this is really cool.  Because when I'm on lunch and I want to edit my WIP that's at home I could access it on my kindle fire which uses the my touch to connect to the internet so I can download and work on my latest junker--I mean masterpiece.  Or I could just connect to the cloud and have all my crap ready for me on any instrument of my choosing.  

Which one would you choose?

No comments: