Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hero For A Day

Where I work, the place is not just an office--it's a wolf pack.  Our fearless leader looks like a wolf, acts like a wolf and shreds competition like a wolf.  

We have our alpha female that can sell you ice in a tundra.  We have the sometimes moody but always helpful babysitter that will sit on your ass if you annoy her.  The jumpy, submissive that you can always talk to and let your guard down.  The happy go lucky go-to-guy that likes to play jokes.  All the little pupplings clamoring potential clients for a morsel with their sales proposals.  And then there's my Nemesis.

I fondly call him my Nemesis for a specific reason, but that is a different story.  My Nemesis comes up with one liners that you can't pull back from and they are why I adore him so much.  He's like that kitten on the left asking for his fee for his termination services.  My Nemesis is gruff, bored most the time, intelligent, mysterious because he never extends himself and our head IT guy.  He's kinda like a bemused, bored king able to make your day or make you want to die.  He reminds me of Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones if that helps you a bit.    

He was the one the one who called me a tool by saying: "When you're a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

His latest gem: 

"According to recently-implemented protocol, the original proposal has been shredded in dramatic fashion."

I could not help the smile or the amusement at his chiding of one those clamoring pupplets about his proposal.  This is why you don't want to piss off your IT guy.  They have more wit and candor than you can come back with.

No comments: