Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Immaturity Runs Quickly Away From Responsibility

I scare most small children.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps it's in the way I treat them as an adult and no one else does and it scares them. 

So when I say "Hello" to a small child who then reacts by hitting me I ask, "May I know the reason for this assult?". 

She hid behind her mother who nervously laughed after she told her child "we don't hit".  I know the mother so don't get in an uproar about people who don't teach their children right just yet. 

I knew the child would not be able to name the emotion she felt, nor would she find the voice to tell me why.  "At least tell me why you're hitting me," I asked again. 

The reply again was hiding behind her mom.  I still can't think of why I evoke this reaction.  She's not the first child to act in this manner from me just standing in the room.  It makes me curious.  It also makes me think perhaps adults would like to do the same.  But I don't know why.  It's a curiosity I'd like to know.  But for now I sum it up in six words.  Immaturity runs quickly away from responsibility.  My consolation is that shortly the child was no longer afraid of me. 

No comments: