Thursday, April 28, 2011

Newton's Law

I can identify with the revelation Newton must have had with his epiphany - What goes up must come down.  I apply this law to the ever expanding universe.  What goes out must come in.  But there's a bit of a conundrum there. 

The apple that bonked Newton on the head was grown from a tree that grew up.  He didn't throw the apple up there.  That's the beautiful part of the revelation.  He didn't do anything to cause it.  But there's something more to just the law of gravity. 

It represents order, action and reaction.  It proves that in this world there are repercussions even if it does take fifteen or so years for the tree to grow, the apple to sprout and the fruit to rot enough to drop from the tree. 

It represents a cycle.  How do I apply this rule to everyday life?  It teaches us about consequence.  I think consequence is drilled into women a little more than men for the reason that women could be responsible for a child from one encounter.  (What goes in must come out?) 

But if we think about every consequence, that would be paralyzing.  Which is the right choice?  I've heard it said "Be in the moment".  If your in every moment and accept every moment as it is, where does it lead?  If we act and keep acting does that mean we can thwart reaction?  What's better?  Be in the moment or think about every consequence or a balance between both?  Sure the safe thing to say is a balance between both.  But what happens when you become the moment? 

When I'm in the moment people react to me.  When I think about consequence it does modify my actions.  But who says you can't do both at the same time?  I've know the consequence of an action that would not be a favorable outcome and done it anyway.  (I know this is going to hurt but it's fun!)  At least when I do that I have no one to blame. 

A friend at fighter practice wasn't thinking about the consequences of shooting her busted knee out to kick the bag the other night and in doing so she paid a rather large price for not thinking about the consequences.  She sat out a portion of the lesson it hurt so bad. 

Gives me perspective on the whole let's live in the moment!  Thinking about consequences and living in the moment at the same time sounds like a conflict, but it's rather hard for women not to think of consequences and sometimes easier for men to live in the moment.  Men and women can learn from each other on how to do both.  That's the great thing about relationships, you get to learn more about yourself! 

No comments: