Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where Have The Philosopher's All Gone?

When I think of Philosophers Steven Hawking comes to mind.  The philosophers in the movie "What the (bleep) do we know?!" are also people I think of. 

But I'm beginning to asses writers and musicians also fill the philosopher title.  There are a great many books (fiction especially), songs and opinions of others that make me think. 

Their stories and songs help me think about the world and best of all, make me ask questions.  I'm curious as to what made them come to their conclusion too.  What life experience made them choose that mode of thinking?  How do they come to believe a certain way? 

Philosopher's from yesterday might have been a guy looking like he was pinching a loaf on the toilet, but today's philosopher might be on tour with his rock band, or on tour signing her latest fiction novel.  I could say, don't judge a book by it's cover.  Or I could say life is stranger than fiction.  But I think I'll say don't discount artists to mingle in the philosopher crowd.  What would you say?


 

No comments: